Friday, August 7, 2009

Lazy

Yes, I've been terribly lazy. I prefer to be disciplined but I took a little break. L is away again at the final interview and we will know in a few days what on earth we are doing with our lives.

Small disasters. R and I are coaxing the fridge into working because we can't afford to fix it. Amazing the things you find stuck in refrigerators. Hopefully removing the tea light from the drain pipe did the trick. We watched The Jungle Book because lately we're fond of checking up on our childhoods through Disney movies. I forgot how Mogli was tempted into domesticity at the end by a pretty Indian girl from the village.

I can't help but find the Dolmio commercials incredibly racist... those puppets are bizarre, the accents are atrocious, and the stereotypes are abound. I'm 1/4 Italian too, and I can tell you that no real Italian cooks are cracking open bottles of Dolmio.

There is a musician from Macroom, in Co Cork named Ger Wolfe. Check him out. His music is sweet and he sings with an Irish accent.

This post is the detritus of the past few weeks. All the really important stuff is too top secret to write about. How frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment