Sunday, September 6, 2009

Picture Time

I wrote a children's book a few years ago and never did anything with it outside of college. Today L and I are illustrating. He's a truly talented artist, it just so happens.

Then I will begin the publishing song and dance. But I think it will be fun. It's tentatively called, Swimming with Honu. It's about a Hawaiian girl who goes on a magical, environmentally conscious adventure.

And speaking of L., it's his birthday! Happy Birthday, handsome! I wrote him a poem, and that's all he wanted. He doesn't even want to go out. But, he's the birthday chickadee, so he calls the shots. It's so funny how different we are. For my birthday in July I had a list of demands:

1. A French Martini. They only make them at Soho
2. L must draw me a picture
3. Spend all day in Cork city frolicking (closest attraction...)
4. Another drink in my favourite pub, The Corner House
5. Sunshine
6. Adoration
7. Pictures of puppies, baby ducks, and chickadees
8. More adoration

No comments:

Post a Comment